REGISTRATION OPEN NOW!
with Selected Topics
Relating to Hypnosis
Hotel Sleeping Rooms Special Rate:
Crowne Plaza Northbrook-
$ 99 nightly room rate - King bed
Friday, May 8, 2020 9 A.M. - 3 P.M.
Saturday, May 9, 2020 9 A.M. - 3 P.M.
For counselors, social workers, psychologists
There is benefit for a mental health counselor to know some basics about hypnosis even though it is not necessary to become a certified hypnotherapist. This workshop explores a few basics, including some basic hypnosis techniques to help clients establish a peaceful place to reduce anxiety. It can also be important to be aware of when a client may have his or her subconscious mind open to suggestions in order to avoid unintentionally implanting negative suggestions or creating false memories. Also, it could be important to both the therapist and the client to understand the risk of false memories and how they can be created.
The primary goal of this workshop is to introduce basic concepts about hypnosis that may benefit both the counselor and his or her clients. The presentation includes the following learning objectives (or outcomes)…
1. Describe at least two definitions of hypnosis.
2. Explain the role of imagination in the hypnotic process.
3. List four potential dangers of hypnosis.
4. Practice a suggestibility test to demonstrate the power of imagination.
5. List at least two types of hypnotic inductions.
6. Describe the three widely accepted levels of hypnotic depth.
7. Practice a meditation technique in dyads.
8. List the five gateways to the subconscious.
9. Explain the difference between direct and indirect suggestions.
10. Discuss two potential dangers surrounding the use of hypnotism.
11. Explain how false memories can occur.
12. Practice open-ended questions to help someone to remember a happy event.Location:
Crowne Plaza Northbrook
2875 Milwaukee Ave
Northbrook, IL 60062
Registrations, cancelled before seven days prior to the workshop, can be refunded minus a $40 cancellation fee. Fees may be transferred to other IMHCA trainings. No refunds can be made seven days prior to the workshop. Workshops may be cancelled or rescheduled due to circumstances beyond our control. IMHCA is not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of substitution, alteration, or cancellation of an event. IMHCA shall assume no liability whatsoever in the event that a workshop is cancelled, rescheduled or postponed due to a fortuitous event, Act of God, unforeseen occurrences or any other event that renders performance of this conference impracticable, illegal or impossible. For purposes of this clause, a fortuitous event shall include, but not be limited to: war, fire, labor strike, extreme weather or other emergency. IMHCA will make every effort to offer a substitution event in the case IMHCA cancels because of a fortuitous event or Act of God.
Proof of IMHCA Membership: To receive the member discount you need to be a current member of ICA and the IMHCA division. If you are unsure, please call and we can verify your membership status.