Addressing Ethics and Best Practices in Supervision (6 CEs)
LIVE ONLINE WEBINAR
Presenter: Dr. Toni Tollerud
This workshop will focus on professional ethics and best practices that are critical for counselors, social workers, and other professional therapists/clinicians who work in an agency, clinical or school setting as supervisors, or who receive supervision. It is the responsibility of supervisors, and the art of supervision, to help ensure that professional therapists are effectively equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to deliver competent and ethical services. It also emphasizes the responsibility of the profession to protect the welfare of every client.
Supervision is an integral part of training and continuing education for professionals. This workshop will review supervision best practices by updating the most current ethical standards, provide recent information, review policies and procedures, and highlight intentional interventions for supervisors. This will include ethical and legal concerns for planning the supervision sessions, building a strong supervisory relationship, assuring informed consent, documenting supervision sessions, and evaluating supervisee progress. A review of how the Covid-19 pandemic has influenced ethical behavior in supervision will be presented.
Opportunity to practice the skills through role play and scenarios will occur. Handouts will be provided.
Objectives: As a result of participating in the workshop, attendees will:
· The content of supervision
· Conduct of supervision
· The supervisory relationship
· Supervisor and supervisee responsibilities
· Evaluation, remediation, endorsement, and documentation in supervision
· The use of technology in supervision (and the impact of covid-19)
4. Review the Illinois State rules for misconduct
5. Consider the latest changes in Codes of Ethics for Social Workers and Counselors that directly impact the work of supervisors and supervision
Contact UsPhone: +1 (815) 787-0515Email: email@example.com
Address:P.O. Box 706DeKalb, IL 60115