Addressing Ethics and Best Practices in Supervision (6 CEs)
Presenter: Dr. Toni Tollerud
Description: This workshop will focus on professional ethics and best practices that are critical for counselors, social workers, and other professional therapists/clinicians who work in a school or clinical setting as supervisors, or who receive supervision. It is the responsibility of supervisors, and the art of supervision, to help insure that professional therapists are effectively equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to deliver competent and ethical services. It also emphasizes the responsibility of the profession to protect the welfare of every client.
Supervision is an integral part of training and continuing education for professionals. This workshop will review supervision best practices by providing current information, review policies and procedures, and highlight intentional interventions for supervisors. This will include ethical and legal concerns for planning the supervision sessions, building a strong supervisory relationship, assuring informed consent, documenting supervision sessions, and evaluating supervisee progress.
Opportunity to practice the skills through role play and scenarios will occur. Handouts will be provided.
Objectives: As a result of participating in the workshop, attendees will:
1. Review and discuss ethical and legal standards as they relate to the profession organized around 6 best practice areas:
2. Review a model for ethical decision making and analyze its effectiveness
3. Differentiate between supervision and consultation
4. Explore the elements of developing a sound contract or disclosure statement as a part of the supervisory relationship
5. Review good note taking
6. Learn about and discuss recent legislation in the state that has ethical implications for clinicians in Illinois
Contact UsPhone: +1 (815) 787-0515Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address:P.O. Box 706DeKalb, IL 60115